6th Week of Easter, Year C
Grant, almighty God, that we may celebrate with heartfelt devotion these days of joy.
Quote of the Week
“You did not choose me, no, I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and bear fruit, fruit that will last.”
John chapter 15, Verse 16 (NJB)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr C, Weekdays: Yr 2]
Please be aware of the following when coming to church:
- face covering required
- sanitise hands upon entry
- if you are vulnerable, you may prefer to attend a weekday Mass as these Masses are usually quieter
- Saturday 21st of May: NO 9.15 MASS
First Holy Communion 10.00am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 6th Sunday of Easter 22nd of May:
9.15am & 11.00am
- Monday 23rd of May: 9.15am
- Tuesday 24th of May: 9.15am
- Wednesday 25th of May: 7.00pm
with Adoration & Rosary from 6.15pm
- Ascension of the Lord
Thursday 26th of May: 9.15am
- Friday 27th of May: 9.15am
- Saturday 28th of May: 9.15am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 7th Sunday of Easter 29th of May:
9.15am & 11.00am
Please remember that we are asked to wear face masks at public Masses.
Parish Synod Report
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already). During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Support Our Parish
If you would like to donate to the work and the upkeep of our parish, you can do so via our InvestMyCommunity page. It easily allows for Gift Aid (if you are a tax payer), and anything you are able to contribute will help our parish community to flourish.Simply click on the following link or use the QR Code with your smartphone:
Donate to our Parish (via InvestMyCommunity)
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for May 2022
For faith-filled young people We pray for all young people, called to live life to the fullest; may they see in Mary’s life the way to listen, the depth of discernment, the courage that faith generates, and the dedication to service.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 7th Sunday of Easter are:
- Acts ch 7 vs 55-60
- Psalm 96 (97 in most Bibles)
- Revelation ch 22 vs 12-20
- John ch 17 vs 20-26
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.