3rd Week of Easter: Friday
3rd Week of Easter, Year B
May your people exult for ever, O God, in renewed youthfulness of spirit, so that, rejoicing now in the restored glory of our adoption, we may look forward in confident hope to the rejoicing of the day of resurrection.
Quote of the Week
“Now by this we may be sure that we know him, if we obey his commandments. Whoever says, ‘I have come to know him’, but does not obey his commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist.”
1 John chapter 2, Verses 3-4 (NRSV)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
The next Mass will be livestreamed at 9.15am, but you are still able to view live images from the church: Click Here.
Although there are still restrictions in Wales due to Covid-19, public worship is allowed. Public Masses at Saint Joseph’s are as follows:
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr B, Weekdays: Yr 1]
- Saturday 17th of Apr: 9.15am (Public)
Vigil Mass 6.00pm (Public)
- 3rd Sunday of Easter 18th of April:
- Monday 19th of Apr: 9.15am (Public)
- Tuesday 20th of Apr: 9.15am (Public)
- Wednesday 21st of Apr: 7.00pm (Public)
- Thursday 22nd of Apr: 9.15am (Livestreamed)
- Friday 23rd of Apr: 9.15am (Public)
- Saturday 24th of Apr: 9.15am (Public)
Vigil Mass 6.00pm (Public)
- 4th Sunday of Easter 25th of April:
Please remember that we are required by law to wear face masks at public Masses. And, of course, since the strict government guidelines restrict numbers it is important to book. Please ring the office on 2041 1819 to book your place, you will be most welcome.
Making A Donation to the Parish
Obviously, the combination of lockdowns and fewer people being able to attend our public Masses has meant much less being given to our parish. The work that the parish does, and the costs involved, remain the same. If you would like to help us by donating online you can do so via our
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already).
During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for April 2021
Fundamental Rights We pray for those who risk their lives while fighting for fundamental rights under dictatorships, authoritarian regimes and even in democracies in crisis.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 4th Sunday of Easter are:
- Acts ch 4 vs 8-12
- Psalm 117 (118 in most Bibles)
- 1 John ch 3 vs 1-2
- John ch 10 vs 11-18
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
Parish Pastoral Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Parishioners and all people of goodwill, this is a most difficult time and it tries our faith and our Christian friendship. With the threat of coronavirus and aware of the vulnerability of some of our parishioners, of course all of us as human beings are delicate and vulnerable to risks that come our way. I am suggesting that if the crisis worsens, let us identify people who may need our prompt response. Take a phone number, know the address, enquire from a family member so that in case of a worse case scenario we are able to offer material support, hope and words of closeness to those who may remain at home - a telephone conversion is a pastoral response. Or we can use Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram to keep up-to-date. I am appealing for volunteers for this. I know we have wonderful people. We can share information but be careful not to create unnecessary fear or panic. Do not be afraid, Jesus always reminds us, he is with us... [read more]
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- links - links to websites for children.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.