2nd Week of Lent, Year B
O God, nourish us inwardly by your word, that with spiritual sight made pure we may rejoice to behold your glory.
Quote of the Week
“There is nothing in death or life ... in the forces of the universe, in heights or depths - nothing in creation that can separate us from the love of God.”
Romans chapter 8, Verses 38-39 (REB)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
The next Mass will be livestreamed at 9.15am, but you are still able to view live images from the church: Click Here.
Wales is in Tier 4, which does not currently affect public worhip. Public Masses at Saint Joseph’s are as follows:
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr B, Weekdays: Yr 1]
- Saturday 27th of Feb: 9.15am (Public)
- 2nd Sunday of Lent 28th of Feb:
- Monday 1st of Mar: 9.15am (Public)
- Tuesday 2nd of Mar: 9.15am (Public)
- Wednesday 3rd of Mar: 7.00pm (Public)
- Thursday 4th of Mar: 9.15am (Livestreamed)
- Friday 5th Mar: 9.15am (Public)
7.00pm Stations of the Cross (Livestreamed)
- Saturday 6th of Mar: 9.15am (Public)
- 3rd Sunday of Lent 7th of Mar:
Please remember that we are required by law to wear face masks at public Masses. And, of course, since the strict government guidelines restrict numbers it is important to book. Please ring the office on 2041 1819 to book your place, you will be most welcome.
Making A Donation to the Parish
Obviously, the combination of lockdowns and fewer people being able to attend our public Masses has meant much less being given to our parish. The work that the parish does, and the costs involved, remain the same. If you would like to help us by donating online you can do so via our
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already).
Over the coming weeks it will provide us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for February 2021
Violence Against Women We pray for women who are victims of violence, that they may be protected by society and have their sufferings considered and heeded.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 3rd Sunday of Lent are:
- Exodus ch 20 vs 1-17
- Psalm 18 (19 in most Bibles)
- 1 Corinthians ch 2 vs 22-25
- John ch 2 vs 13-25
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
Parish Pastoral Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Parishioners and all people of goodwill, this is a most difficult time and it tries our faith and our Christian friendship. With the threat of coronavirus and aware of the vulnerability of some of our parishioners, of course all of us as human beings are delicate and vulnerable to risks that come our way. I am suggesting that if the crisis worsens, let us identify people who may need our prompt response. Take a phone number, know the address, enquire from a family member so that in case of a worse case scenario we are able to offer material support, hope and words of closeness to those who may remain at home - a telephone conversion is a pastoral response. Or we can use Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram to keep up-to-date. I am appealing for volunteers for this. I know we have wonderful people. We can share information but be careful not to create unnecessary fear or panic. Do not be afraid, Jesus always reminds us, he is with us... [read more]
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- links - links to websites for children.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.