2nd Week of Advent, Year C
God of power and mercy, remove the things that hinder us from receiving Christ with joy, so that we may share his wisdom and become one with him.
Quote of the Week
“While you are waiting, do your best to live blameless and unsullied lives so that he will find you at peace. Think of our Lord’s patience as your opportunity to be saved.”
2 Peter chapter 3, Verses 14-15 (NJB)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
The next Mass will be livestreamed at 7.00pm, you are still able to view live images from the church beforehand as well: Click Here.
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr C, Weekdays: Yr 2]
Please be aware of the following when coming to church:
- face covering mandatory
- sanitise hands upon entry and exit
- booking is no longer needed, but please bring your contact details on a piece of paper (for track and trace purposes) - name & phone number, or name & e-mail address
- if you are vulnerable, you may prefer to attend a weekday Mass as these Masses are usually quieter
- the stewards will welcome you and show you where to sit, not randomly, as we need to respect each person’s needs and safety
- Saturday 4th of Dec: No Morning Mass
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 2nd Sunday of Advent 5th of Dec:
- Monday 6th of Dec: 9.15pm
- Tuesday 7th of Dec: 9.15am
- Wednesday 8th of Dec: 7.00pm
- Thursday 9th of Dec: 9.15am
- Friday 10th of Dec: 9.15am
- Saturday 11th of Dec: No Morning Mass
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 3rd Sunday of Advent 12th of Dec:
Please remember that we are required by law to wear face masks at public Masses.
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already).
During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for December 2021
Catechists Let us pray for the catechists, summoned to announce the Word of God: may they be its witnesses, with courage and creativity and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 3rd Sunday of Advent are:
- Zephaniah ch 3 vs 14-18
- Canticle - Isaiah 12:2-6
- Philippians ch 4 vs 4-7
- Luke ch 3 vs 10-18
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
Parish Pastoral Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Parishioners and all people of goodwill, this is a most difficult time and it tries our faith and our Christian friendship. With the threat of coronavirus and aware of the vulnerability of some of our parishioners, of course all of us as human beings are delicate and vulnerable to risks that come our way. I am suggesting that if the crisis worsens, let us identify people who may need our prompt response. Take a phone number, know the address, enquire from a family member so that in case of a worse case scenario we are able to offer material support, hope and words of closeness to those who may remain at home - a telephone conversion is a pastoral response. Or we can use Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram to keep up-to-date. I am appealing for volunteers for this. I know we have wonderful people. We can share information but be careful not to create unnecessary fear or panic. Do not be afraid, Jesus always reminds us, he is with us... [read more]
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- links - links to websites for children.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.