30th Week of Ordinary Time, Year B
Father, there is no power for good that does not come from your covenant.
Quote of the Week
“You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment.”
Matthew chapter 22, Verses 37-38 (NJB)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
The next Mass will be livestreamed at 9.15am tomorrow, but you are still able to view live images from the church: Click Here.
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr B, Weekdays: Yr 1]
Wales has now moved to level-0 in the covid-19 regulations. The seating arrangements have now been altered to allow more people to attend. Please be aware of the following:
- face covering mandatory
- sanitise hands upon entry and exit
- booking is still in place – best time is Thursday or Friday morning or via e-mail
- the Sunday obligation is still lifted for the time being (probably until the First Sunday of Advent) so feel free to attend a weekday Mass – particularly if you are vulnerable as these Masses are usually quieter
- the stewards will welcome you and show you where to sit, not randomly as we need to respect each person’s needs and safety
- Saturday 23rd of Oct: 9.15am (Public)
Vigil Mass 6.00pm (Public)
- 30th Sunday in Ord. Time 24th of Oct:
- Monday 25th of Oct: 9.15pm (Public)
- Tuesday 26th of Oct: 9.15am (Public)
- Wednesday 27th of Oct: 7.00pm (Public)
- Thursday 28th of Oct: 9.15am (Public)
- Friday 29th of Oct: 9.15am (Public)
- Saturday 30th of Oct: 9.15am (Public)
Vigil Mass 6.00pm (Public)
- All Saints 31st of Oct:
Please remember that we are required by law to wear face masks at public Masses. And since numbers are still more restricted it is important to book for Saturday evening and Sunday Masses. Please ring the office on 2041 1819 to book your place, you will be most welcome.
Making A Donation to the Parish
Obviously, the combination of lockdowns and fewer people being able to attend our public Masses has meant much less being given to our parish. The work that the parish does, and the costs involved, remain the same. If you would like to help us by donating online you can do so via our
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already).
During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for October 2021
Missionary Disciples We pray that every baptised person may be engaged in evangelisation, available to the mission, by being witnesses of a life that has the flavour of the Gospel.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 31st Sunday in Ordinary Time are:
- Deuteronomy ch 6 vs 2-6
- Psalm 17 (18 in most Bibles)
- Hebrews ch 7 vs 23-28
- Mark ch 12 vs 28-34
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
Parish Pastoral Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Parishioners and all people of goodwill, this is a most difficult time and it tries our faith and our Christian friendship. With the threat of coronavirus and aware of the vulnerability of some of our parishioners, of course all of us as human beings are delicate and vulnerable to risks that come our way. I am suggesting that if the crisis worsens, let us identify people who may need our prompt response. Take a phone number, know the address, enquire from a family member so that in case of a worse case scenario we are able to offer material support, hope and words of closeness to those who may remain at home - a telephone conversion is a pastoral response. Or we can use Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram to keep up-to-date. I am appealing for volunteers for this. I know we have wonderful people. We can share information but be careful not to create unnecessary fear or panic. Do not be afraid, Jesus always reminds us, he is with us... [read more]
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- links - links to websites for children.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.