3rd Week in Ordinary Time: Monday
3rd Week of Ordinary Time, Year C
Almighty Father, the love you offer always exceeds the furthest expression of our human longing, for you are greater than the human heart.
Quote of the Week
“Those whose life is buying things should live as though they had nothing of their own; and those who have to deal with the world should not become engrossed in it.”
1 Corinthians chapter 7, Verses 30-31 (JB)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr C, Weekdays: Yr 2]
Please be aware of the following when coming to church:
- face covering mandatory
- sanitise hands upon entry and exit
- booking is no longer needed, but please bring your contact details on a piece of paper (for track and trace purposes) - name & phone number, or name & e-mail address
- if you are vulnerable, you may prefer to attend a weekday Mass as these Masses are usually quieter
- the stewards will welcome you and show you where to sit, not randomly, as we need to respect each person’s needs and safety
- Saturday 22nd of Jan: 9.15am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 3rd Sunday in Ord.Time 23rd of Jan:
9.15am & 11.00am
- Monday 24th of Jan: 9.15pm
- Tuesday 25th of Jan: 9.15am
- Wednesday 26th of Jan: 7.00pm
with Adoration & Rosary from 6.15pm
- Thursday 27th of Jan: 9.15am
- Friday 28th of Jan: 9.15am
11.15pm - Funeral: David Hobbs
- Saturday 29th of Jan: 9.15am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 4th Sunday in Ord. Time 30th of Jan:
9.15am & 11.00am
Please remember that we are required to wear face masks at public Masses.
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already). During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for January 2022
For true human fraternity We pray for all those suffering from religious discrimination and persecution; may their own rights and dignity be recognized, which originate from being brothers and sisters in the human family.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time are:
- Jeremiah ch 1 vs 5-19
- Psalm 70 (71 in most Bibles)
- 1 Corinthians ch 12:31-13:13
- Luke ch 4 vs 21-30
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
Parish Pastoral Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Parishioners and all people of goodwill, this is a most difficult time and it tries our faith and our Christian friendship. With the threat of coronavirus and aware of the vulnerability of some of our parishioners, of course all of us as human beings are delicate and vulnerable to risks that come our way. I am suggesting that if the crisis worsens, let us identify people who may need our prompt response. Take a phone number, know the address, enquire from a family member so that in case of a worse case scenario we are able to offer material support, hope and words of closeness to those who may remain at home - a telephone conversion is a pastoral response. Or we can use Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram to keep up-to-date. I am appealing for volunteers for this. I know we have wonderful people. We can share information but be careful not to create unnecessary fear or panic. Do not be afraid, Jesus always reminds us, he is with us... [read more]
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.